Throughout the years, Ardene's experience with piercing has made us the#1 Piercing Center in Canada. Our knowledge and expertise makes us earpiercing professionals. The Ardene staff is well trained and has demonstrated their piercing abilities to their supervisors. Getting your ears pierced at Ardene is free with the purchase of a piercing earring. Ardene only uses pre-sterilized, pre-packaged earrings – We Do NOT use needles.
Before your ardene piercing specialist starts you will have to read and sign the Release Form.The parent or guardian of a minor must be present at the store at the time of the piercing.
We encourage you to ask your piercing specialist all the questions you need to ask concerning piercing. It is very important to be comfortable with the person who will pierce you, and to be well informed about the piercing procedure in order to have a successful piercing. If after reading the entire section on Piercing you have any other questions please feel free to ask one of our piercing specialists in any of our Ardene stores across Canada.
EAR AFTERCARE INSTRUCTIONS
1. Never touch your ears with unclean hands.
2. Wash your newly pierced ears (on both sides) thoroughly twice a day with antiseptic lotion. Thereafter rinse thoroughly with plenty of clean running water and dry with a tissue or cotton swab. Supplementary cleansing is best done with antiseptic lotion. Do not remove the earrings or nose stud when cleansing. Do a half twist on the earring when cleansing.
3. Make sure that your newly pierced ears and the area around are always kept clean, dry and airy.
4. Cover your ears when you are applying hair spray, spray perfume, hair-dye etc.
5. Take extra care when you put on or remove clothes over your head to prevent the earrings from getting caught.
6. After six weeks you can carefully remove the ear piercing earrings (and after 12 weeks for the cartillage) – preferably after having had a shower or hair wash. Also be careful when you put new earrings with thinner posts in. The earrings, as well as the hands that hold them, should be thoroughly washed.
7. Wear earrings the whole time during the first year after ear piercing. If you go without, the holes can shrink and grow together.
IMPORTANT. If you get an infection: If the hole is in the soft part of the ear lobe, remove the earrings and rinse with antiseptic lotion and water. If it is not better the following day, contact your doctor. If the hole is in the cartilage part of the ear lobe, remove the earring, rinse with antiseptic lotion and water and seek immediate medical attention. Do not use any creams, such as Polysporin, because this will only keep the area humid and, as a result, you will have an accumulation of bacteria which can lead to infections. If you are in doubt over what you should do, contact your doctor. After the healing period there is still a risk of developing nickel allergy if you use inappropriate earrings.
TO REMOVE THE EAR PIERCING EARRINGS: Wash your hands and ears lobe. Wash ear lobe and earring with antiseptic lotion. With one hand take hold of the jewelry part of the ear piercing earring. With the other hand wriggle the butterfly, until you feel that the butterfly loosens. Repeat this in the opposite direction and the butterfly will loosen with ease.
NOSE AFTERCARE INSTRUCTIONS
1. Never touch the nose piercing stud with unclean hands. Do not pick your nose.
2. Wash your new nose piercing on the outside of the nose twice a day with antiseptic lotion. Thereafter rinse thoroughly with plenty of clean running water and dry with a tissue or cotton swab. Supplementary cleansing is best done with antiseptic lotion. Do not remove the nose piercing stud when cleansing.
3. Make sure that the area around the newly pierced hole is always kept dry, clean and airy.
4. Make sure that no dirt, make-up or other chemical substances risk coming into contact with the new piercing.
5. Depending on how swollen your nose becomes on the inside, the nose piercing stud may in very rare cases slide out. If this happens press the nose piercing stud back into place with a clean finger.
6. There is no butterfly inside the nose, only an olive shaped tip which gives the nose piercing stud a certain amount of protection against sliding out of the newly pierced nose during the healing period. Therefore take extra care when putting on or removing clothing over your head, when you wash and dry your face and when you blow your nose. When sleeping we recommend that you have a plaster over the nose piercing stud as a form of protection.
7. You have a sharp point inside your nose – refrain from activities that could cause damage to your nose.
8. After about 4 weeks you can change to other nose jewelry. Wash your hands and the outside of the nose thoroughly before removing the nose stud.
IMPORTANT! If you get an infection: Remove the nose piercing stud, wash and seek immediate medical attention. After the healing period there is still a risk of developing nickel allergy if you use inappropriate jewelry.
Canada's #1 Piercing Center!
Free piercing when you purchase a piercing earring in-store.
Ardene uses one of the world's safest and most hygienic systems for ear piercing. Only the fully encapsulated, preloaded, pre-sterilized cassette (in which there is one ear /nose piercing stud) comes into direct contact with the earlobe. Directly after ear/nose piercing, the cassette is thrown away. The instrument never comes into direct contact with the skin customer's skin or body fluid - thereby eliminating the risk of cross infections. Throughout the whole procedure, the piercing specialist wears disposable gloves.
Ardene offers 2 different materials for piercing: Surgical steel and Medical plastic.
We strongly suggest to people who are allergic to Nickel, or have sensitive skin to use Medical plastic which, naturally, contains no Nickel at all.
Click here to see the different piercing products when you have your ears or nose pierced at Ardene.
Please note: Noses are only pierced in Ardene stores in Quebec, British Columbia and the Maritimes.
The time it will take for your piercing to completely heal depends on the area which you got pierced; it can vary from 1 to 3 months.
The healing process of a piercing is very complicated. From the outside, your piercing might look perfectly fine but the inside of the piercing is not necessarily healed. It is very important to respect to entire healing period.
Here are the average healing periods for the following piercing:
• Ear lobe: 6 weeks
• Nose: 4 weeks
• Cartilage of the ear (the top of the ear) : 12 weeks
Often, people have a tendency to confuse an infection with an allergic reaction.
After getting a piercing, there are greater chances of getting an infection than an allergic reaction to the metal of the earrings.
An infection is caused by bacteria, and to avoid this problem always keep your hands clean when you give the necessary care to your new piercing. If you have followed the instructions properly and you still get infected it is crucial that you see a physician as soon as possible.
If after 3 days the problem persists or swelling occurs in your ears, you will have to remove the earrings and consult a physician. Pay particular attention to infection in the cartilage of the ears. They are more frequent and more dangerous in this region of the ear.
In short, the most important thing to remember to avoid infections is: keep your hands away from your ears!