THE “WIN A SUMMER WARDROBE 2013” CONTEST – OFFICIAL RULES
This contest is sponsored by Arden Holdings, 2575 Boul Pitfield, Montreal Québec, Canada, H4S1W8 (the “Sponsor”), owner of the Ardene brand (“Ardene”).
No purchase necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. The Win A Summer Wardrobe (the “Contest”) begins on May 20th, 2013 at 12 p.m. (ET) and runs until June 9th, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. (ET) (the “Promotion Period”).
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your personal information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook. By participating in this Contest, each Participant (and his/her legal guardian or parents, where applicable) agrees to and effectively releases and forever discharges Facebook from any and all claims, demands, actions, damages, liabilities, costs, losses and expenses arising out of, or in connection with, the Contest.
This Contest is open to legal residents of who are thirteen (13) years of age or older. Directors, officers, agents and employees of the Sponsor and all of their respective parent companies, affiliated entities and divisions, and members of the aforementioned individuals’ respective immediate families (for the purpose of the Contest, immediate family includes children, siblings and parents) domiciled in the same household, are not eligible to enter.
Participants under the legal age of majority in the state or province in which they reside in must have the approval of their parent or legal guardian who has reached the age of majority to participate in this contest.
Participants must provide their name, address, birth date, cell phone number and e-mail address so that Ardene can contact them in the event that they win. Unchecking the box to receive Ardene e-mail offers does not reduce your chances of winning.
The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, state and local laws and regulations. By entering the Contest, participants (and their respective legal guardians or parents, where applicable) agree to be bound by and accept the terms and conditions of these official rules (the “Rules”). The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
HOW TO ENTER:
***Limit of one (1) entry per valid Facebook account.*** All additional entries will be disqualified. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means are void. Entries that contain typographical errors, are altered, tampered with, incomplete, inaccurate, irregular in any way, or otherwise not in compliance with the Rules, shall also be disqualified.
There are two (2) ways to enter for a chance to win a Prize:
(i) Internet Entry: From May 20th, 2013 at 12 p.m. (ET) until June 9th, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. (ET), visit http://www.facebook.com/Ardene, Like the official Ardene Facebook page, complete the submission form. Participants must click on the Shopping Spree contest tab to access the online submission form. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Participants may increase their chances of winning by referring friends. Ardene reserves the right to remove an entry from the Contest and consequently disqualify a Participant if the submission is determined by Ardene, in its sole discretion, to be indecent, inappropriate or otherwise unacceptable.
(ii) Mail-in Entry: Enter by submitting a 3” X 5” card, with your first and last name, address, birth date, daytime phone number, and mail in a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Win A Shopping Spree 2013”, Ardene, 2575 Pitfield Street, Montreal, Québec, Canada, H4S 1W8. Mail-in entries must be received by the Sponsor by June 9th, 2013 to be eligible.
By completing the online registration form or mailing in your registration, each Participant agrees to these Official Rules. Entries received before and/or after the Promotion Period will be void. Any fees incurred by participants to enter the Contest, including, but not limited to fees for mail, internet access, equipment and taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the participants and will not be reimbursed by the Sponsor.
The winners will be selected at random by an Ardene employee in Montreal, Quebec on June 10th, 2013 at 10 a.m (ET).
The winners will be announced on June 11th, 2013 at approximately 12:00 p.m. (ET) in Montréal, Québec.
The winners will be notified by e-mail or by phone using the contact information provided, within three (3) business day of their win. If the winners cannot be reached or do not claim their prize after five (5) business days, another winner may or may not be selected, at Ardene’s sole discretion.
There will be four (4) prizes awarded, each consisting of the following:
- $200 Ardene gift card are minors in such province.
The total retail value of the prizes is $800.00 CAD
WINNER NOTIFICATION PROCESS:
Each Participant will be notified by e-mail or by phone using the contact information provided, within three (3) business days of his/her selection. If the Participant cannot be reached, does not claim the Prize after five (5) business days, or is otherwise disqualified from the Contest, another winning Entrant may or may not be selected, at Ardene’s sole discretion. Should Ardene choose to award a Prize to another winning Entrant, it will select a Grand Prize winner among the remaining eligible entries.
- The Sponsor will not enter into any correspondence pertaining to this Contest, except with potential winners (and their respective legal guardians or parents, where applicable). Ardene shall not be responsible under any conditions whatsoever for any problems or technical malfunctions relating to the Contest or for any on-line errors, printing errors or typographical errors or problems in connection with any Contest-related materials.
- By entering this Contest, participants (and their respective legal guardians or parents, where applicable) agree that they have not purchased electronic equipment, Internet or telephone services for the purpose of entering this Contest. Participants (and their respective legal guardians or parents, where applicable) agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Contest and/or prevent others from utilizing the Contest, as prohibited by law. Any attempt by anyone to damage or interrupt the Contest shall be considered a violation under criminal and civil law. The Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages or other remedies against such person to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
- The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any failure of the www.facebook.com/ardene website, the Ardene website (herein collectively referred to as the “Websites”) or of any of either Websites’ functionalities during and following the promotion of this Contest or for any problems or technical malfunction of computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software or e-mail failure. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen, late, misdirected or ineligible entries or for any computer, online, human or technical malfunctions that may occur in the administration of the Contest.
- The Sponsor and their respective affiliated entities and divisions and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (herein collectively referred to as the “Entities”) disclaim any and all representations and warranties, express or implied, in fact or in law, in connection with all Prizes. Each Participant assumes all liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Contest, or the use or misuse of any Prize granted herein, including any and all losses, damages, claims, actions and causes of action with respect to any Prize so granted (including, without limitation, in connection with travel, if applicable). Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, by entering the Contest, each Participant agrees to and effectively releases and forever discharges the Entities from any and all damages, rights, claims, costs and actions of any kind whatsoever arising in connection with the Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession or use or misuse of any Prize (or part of a Prize) awarded in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, personal injury, death, and/or property damage as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy.
- A Prize must be accepted as is, and no transfer, product substitution or prize equivalent shall be permitted without the permission of Ardene. If a Prize or any portion thereof cannot be awarded due to actions or circumstances beyond the control of Ardene or for any other reason whatsoever, Sponsor reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater retail value to the Prize or the unawarded portion of the Prize as the case may be. A Prize cannot be redeemed for cash or other gift cards. A Prize cannot be combined or used in conjunction with any other contest or offer. No component of any Prize may be returned after pick-up. Choices of sizes and colours of products which may be purchased with a gift card are subject to availability at participating Ardene stores. No rain checks shall be provided.
- Odds of winning will be determined by the number of entries by the end of the Promotion Period. All entries become the property of Ardene.
- If, by reason of a typographical or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in the Rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random drawing to award the advertised number of prizes available. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
- All expenses related to the receipt and use of the Prizes are the sole responsibility of each Prize winning Participant. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, all expenses not specifically stated herein to be the responsibility of the Sponsor, shall be the sole responsibility of each Participant. No refund or compensation of any costs or expenses incurred by a Prize winning Participant shall be made. The Sponsor denies any liability or responsibility in connection with any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising out of this Contest or the Prize.
- Any selected Participant who fails to abide by the terms set forth in these Official Rules will be disqualified and may, at Ardene’ sole and absolute discretion, be banned from participating in Ardene contests for a period to be determined by Ardene, without prejudice to Ardene’s right to seek additional remedies for any damages that it may have incurred due to the breach of these Official Rules by such Participant. Should any of the selected Participants be disqualified for any reason, not claim his/her Prize within the specified time, not comply with the Rules or incorrectly answer the time-limited mathematical skill-testing question, if applicable, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may or may not select an alternate Prize winner (or winners).
- The name of the Participants who have correctly completed the skill testing question and who have respected all other terms and conditions of this Contest will be posted on-line at or before June 11th, 2013.
- It is the Participant’s (and his/her legal guardians’ or parents’, where applicable) sole responsibility to notify the Sponsor in writing at the address indicated above if he/she changes his/her address or other contact information. All corrections must be received prior to the expiry of the Promotion Period.
- If any terms of the Rules are or become invalid, are ruled illegal by the Régie or any court of competent jurisdiction, or are deemed unenforceable under the current applicable law, it is the intention of the parties hereto (and the Participants’ legal guardians and parents, where applicable) that the remainder of the Rules shall not be affected thereby and shall remain in full force and effect.